[AMBER] ptraj box information

From: Dickson, Callum <callum.dickson09.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:15:50 +0100

Dear Amber users,

I have a question about processing a trajectory, run using periodic boundary conditions, with ptraj.

I wish to center and image a trajectory with the following command:

trajin file_in.mdcrd 1 2500 1
center origin
image familiar origin
trajout file_out.traj

When I use Amber 10 to perform this the resulting output trajectory loses the original box size information, instead each frame has the box size as given in the prmtop. However if I use Amber 7 the output trajectory keeps the original box size (which changes slightly with each frame as I am doing an NPT run). Is there an option with Amber 10 to keep the original box size with each frame?

Kind regards,
Callum Dickson

Phd Student
Institute of Chemical Biology