Re: [AMBER] Fwd: Incorrect handling of phenylalanine amide by antechamber

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 13:44:50 +0200

Dear Francesco,

> Thanks for your kind offer. Attached please find the pdbs (ending NXT
> or not) and the mol2 from the NXT. I used antechamber 1.2 fully
> patched and gcc compiled on amd64.

I have loaded your mol2 file in xLEaP without any problem (64 bits
Linux Redhat based operating systems).

I would upgrade to the last version of the AmberTools.

Your molecule is quite simple: You could try modifying your mol2 file
to understand what LEaP does not like in this file.

- Use babel or Ante_R.E.D. 1.x to generate another set of atom connectivities
- Simplify the atom names (& avoid NXT & HXT atom names)
- Use a basic mol2 file such as:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/project/W-1/tripos1.mol2
   to look what could be wrong/you could change...
replace ????
     25 25 1 0 0
by
     25 25 1 0 1

replace ???
      1 PHA 1 TEMP 0 **** **** 0 ROOT
by

- look at character at the end of each line, check that your file ends
with a return line etc...

regards, Francois