Re: [AMBER] Incorrect handling of phenylalanine amide by antechamber

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:21:35 +0200

I agree, however the starting pdb has no problems with even Chimera.
In my experience, any but slight deviation from standard will not be
accepted by Chimera, which follows a cliche of standard for amino
acids, peptides and proteins (while VMD accepts nearly every deviation
from standard). Also, I have taken the information for the CONH2 from
amino acids that have such functionality in the side chain. What
remains, is the standard for phenylalanine. That to explain why at the
moment I have no better ideas.

My further attempts to generate prmtop/inpcrd file is that I have my
proven program for simulated annealing (i.e., conformational search)
which only accepts such an input. Otherwise I had already turned to
other approaches to the conformational problem of the peptide that
contains Fa.

thanks
francesco