Re: [AMBER] Sugars flexibility vs ionic strength

From: Sergey Samsonov <sergeys.biotec.tu-dresden.de>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:07:32 +0200

  Thank you, Lachele!

On 10/05/2010 03:36 PM, Lachele Foley (Lists) wrote:
> What sort of sampling method did you use? What water model? If you
> did not sample sufficiently, then you simply aren't observing enough
> simulation to tell. How did you sample (REMD, long simulation, etc.)?
I use 20ns MD in a box of TIP3 waters (10 A from the sugar to the box
border in xleap). It looks like I sampled sufficiently, at least for
dihedrals data.
> Whenever possible, you should validate any modeling method against
> experimental data that correlates to the sort of simulation you are
> doing. Are there no experimental studies at all to use for
> comparison?
Nothing in respect to ionic strength but the data to compare for
sampling is available.
> It is possible that the behavior you see is indicative of natural
> behavior, though I doubt it is a perfect reflection. If there are
> deviations, I would expect them to be related to the absence of
> polarizability in the model.
Exactly, I also expected that since it could have been more polarized,
the charged parts of the molecules would behave a bit differently but it
doesn't look like this case.

Cheers,

Sergey