Re: [AMBER] Water bridge - MMPBSA

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 18:52:01 -0400

Are you using the python (MMPBSA.py) or perl (mm_pbsa.pl) script to
calculate MM-PBSA? If you are using MMPBSA.py, you can just set the
strip_mask variable to all the other water residues except the one that
makes a water bridge in the active site. This will override the default
strip_mask as described in the Amber 11 manual.

Good luck!

-Bill

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 6:25 PM, William Flak <williamflak.yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear AMBER
> During MM-PBSA, water molecules were striped out, according to the script.
> In fact, I was wondering, what is the case if there is a water molecule
> makes a bridge between the ligand and the active site.
> Should I rename it to something else except WAT and define in prmtop file,
> to keep it in MM-PBSA calculation?
> Any kind of help would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance
> W. Flak