Re: [AMBER] NMR refinement in explicite water

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 10:49:08 -0400

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Baptiste Legrand <bap.legrand.gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Daniel, now the script works very well.
> I have an error message and high energies during the initial
> minimization for the water molecule and the counterions, in the min.out
> file:
>
> RESTARTED DUE TO LINMIN FAILURE

This occurs because the line search fails to find the "right" direction to
continue minimizing. If you've reached this point, MD should proceed just
fine. If you're looking to really minimize past this, consider using the
xmin minimizer -- ntmin=3 if I'm not mistaken. See details in the amber
manual. It's a better minimization routine than the default.

Good luck!
Jason

> This message seems to commonly occur, I'm going to look at this.
> Baptiste
>

> Le 30/09/2010 19:57, Daniel Roe a écrit :
> > You can create your tleap file on the fly using 'cat' and a redirector,
> e.g.:
> >
> > cat> leap.in<<EOF
> > source leaprc.ff99sb
> > loadamberprep ./sa/JMV4590_vac_$x.prepin
> > quit
> > EOF
> >
> > -Dan
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Baptiste Legrand<bap.legrand.gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Thanks Daniel,
> >> I have started to create a little script. I run this file to
> >> automatically prepare my files and run sander for the minimization, SA
> >> etc...
> >>
> >> #Starting from the 10 structures refine in vacuum with NMR restraints, I
> >> generate prepin files to feed leap with each file (I don't know if it is
> >> the best way):
> >> for x in `seq 1 10`
> >> do
> >> antechamber -i ./sa/JMV4590_vac_$x.pdb -fi pdb -o
> >> ./sa/JMV4590_vac_$x.prepin -fo prepi -c bcc -s 2 -nc 1
> >> parmchk -i ./sa/JMV4590_vac_$x.prepin -f prepi -o
> ./sa/JMV4590_vac_$x.frcmod
> >>
> >> #Then I run leap using the file JMV4590_wat.leap. This manner works for
> >> one file if I replace the $x by a number but I don't know how to
> >> increment the 10 files with the $x variable.
> >> tleap -f JMV4590_wat.leap
> >> done
> >>
> >> The JMV4590_wat.leap file:
> >> source leaprc.gaff
> >> source leaprc.ff99SB
> >> loadamberprep ./sa/JMV4590_vac_$x.prepin
> >> loadamberparams ./sa/JMV4590_vac_$x.frcmod
> >> addions UNK Cl- 0
> >> solvatebox UNK TIP3PBOX 12 0.75
> >> saveamberparm UNK ./wat/JMV4590_vac_$x.prmtop
> ./wat/JMV4590_vac_$x.inpcrd
> >> quit
> >>
> >> What is the good manner to do this? Thanks
> >>
> >> Baptiste

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Graduate Student