Re: [AMBER] sander gb post-processing fail

From: Trevor Gokey <tgokey.mail.sfsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 04:14:36 +0000

Hi Dan,

Sure. I'm using AT1.4 with patches 1-10, compiled with intel 11.1.072, serial version. The system is ~17k atoms, ~3k are protein. I have a total of 6 netCDF trajectories with box info:
1. 38836 frames
2. 6529 frames
3. 2548
4. 8049
5. 7124
6. 53099

The water has not be wrapped at all. Referring to my first email, the frame it crashed on, 56129, occurs on frame 166 of trajectory 5. The trajectory was produced when I striped the water and Na+ from them while concurrently concatenating ie:

trajin 1 through 6
strip wat, na+
trajout all.nc netcdf

Completes no errors (I used proper syntax--not what's above!). I used no other commands in ptraj. This new trajectory has 4 frames on trajectory 5 which get garbled. The energies from mdout and fine and they are fine pre-processing in vmd. I'm not sure what would be the most helpful in terms of which files to give you to try to reproduce. I just reran it and I reproduced it, however the first frame garbled frame occurred at 56128 instead of 56129. The strip command seems to have no affect as I tried it with and without with the same result. I saved the frames as pdbs.. and basically it just looks like a chunk of the coordinates just bottom out to 0 and then goes back to normal (However they are all still present). I suppose GB complained because it was working on a frame with all atoms with 0,0,0 coordinates. There seems to be no pattern because it happens in the middle of a trajectory, starts at the middle of a frame and fixes itself in the middle of a frame.

I'd be more than willing to give you the trajectories to play with but they are ~20gb total. I can try different permutations of them in ptraj and see if it is reproducable with a small number of frames.

Let me know if there is any other information you need.

Trevor