Re: [AMBER] TI-Problems

From: Kirsten Heitmann <kirstenheitmann.gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 22:30:08 +0200

Am Freitag, den 01.10.2010, 07:55 -0400 schrieb case:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010, Kirsten Heitmann wrote:
> >
> > What do you describe is what I have done. In a first step I have removed
> > the charges on the specified atoms than use softcore. This was done
> > without any problems and then I want to add the charges to the specific
> > atoms, and then the problem occurs.
>
> I guessing that we will need to see the input files; try to see if there is
> anything different between the charge removal, (which went OK) and the charge
> adding step. These two steps should be mirrors of each other, using the same
> parameters, and so on.
>
> ....dac

Here is the input file from the problematic one:
mdin_min_s1_v0_l1_dna: (charge removal)
 &cntrl
  imin = 1, ntx = 1,
  maxcyc = 500,
  ntpr = 100,
  ntf = 2, ntc = 2,
  ntb = 1, cut = 12.0,
  icfe = 1, clambda = 0.1,
  ifsc=0,
  crgmask='',
 &end

mdin_min_s3_v0_l1_dna: (adding charge)
density minlibration
 &cntrl
  imin = 1, ntx = 1,
  maxcyc = 500,
  ntpr = 100,
  ntf = 2, ntc = 1,
  ntb = 1, cut = 12.0,
  icfe = 1, clambda = 0.1,
  ifsc=0,
  crgmask=':1,10,11,20',
 &end

I use ntc=1 because with ntc=2 i got this error-message:
    Coordinate resetting (SHAKE) cannot be accomplished,
     deviation is too large
     NITER, NIT, LL, I and J are : 0 2 110 301 303

     Note: This is usually a symptom of some deeper
     problem with the energetics of the system.
  *** Especially for minimization, try ntc=1 (no shake)

Here the input-files from which went ok:
mdin_min_s1_v0_l2_dna: (charge removal)
density minlibration
 &cntrl
  imin = 1, ntx = 1,