Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py - very high energy terms

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:33:06 -0400

The VDW energy term has to be coming from somewhere, and the explanation is
hidden somewhere in your files. Make sure you're checking the
_MMPBSA_*.mdcrd files with the prmtop files you provided to make sure that
the trajectories are being properly formed, and see if you can locate any
steric clashes there (don't just look at your input files). All the MM/PBSA
scripts do (regardless of version) is automate the process of using sander
to extract potential terms and calculating the statistics at the end, so if
something goes wrong you may have to look at the steps that the script takes
to make sure it didn't mess up somewhere.

Good luck!
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida