Re: [AMBER] Incorrect handling of phenylalanine amide by antechamber

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:24:36 -0400

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> My task is preparing prmtop/inpcrd for a peptide containing
> phenylalanine amide. This is why I tried to get prepin/frcmod files to
> feed to leap along with the pdb file of the peptide. Could you please
> suggest a promising move from here?

Use the mol2 file instead of prepi; we would like to retire prepi anyway,
since it is an Amber-only format, whereas mol2 is widely used.

>> These prepin and frcmod file are not accepted by Chimera, while VMD
>> shows a highly deformed structure (much too long C=O bond, phenyl
>> hydrogens out of plane and ring distorted; NH3 also distorted.

What options did you use in VMD? I don't see anything obvious that would
allow VMD to read an Amber prepi file. What happens if you convert the prepi
file back to mol2 or pdb format using antechamber?

....dac