Re: [AMBER] loop relaxation with les

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:38:07 -0400

each of the loop copies doesn't see the other copies- what this means
in practice for PME calculations is that you need to do a correction
for every atom pair that should not interact. For very large LES
regions (many atoms per copy) this leads to large numbers of
corrections, as you have seen. you could change the code limits, but
it's likely to also be inefficient. multiple regions leads to better
averaging anyway- so it might be better to make separate copies of
each loop.

I should point out, though, that modeling a 50-residue loop isn't
likely going to work well with any MD based approach. This is the size
of a small protein. You probably want to use homology or other
fragment based methods.