Re: [AMBER] running pmemd fails

From: Kevin Hauser <84hauser.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:38:14 -0400

There appears to be a negative sign in ntwr, see below.

&cntrl
  imin=0,
  irest=1, ntx=5,
  scnb=1.0, scee=1.2,
  iwrap = 1, nscm=1000,
  ntt=2, temp0=348.0, tautp=1.0,
  ntb = 2, ntp=1, taup=0.2,
  ntf=2,ntc=2,
  nstlim=100000, dt=0.001,
  ntwe=100, ntwx=100, ntpr=100, ntwr=-50000,

this ought to be "ntwr = 50000"

  cut = 9.0
 /

HTH,
kevin

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:55 AM, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010, Vijay Manickam Achari wrote:
> >
> > I have have been using AMBER10 for my simulation. For the equilibrium
> > process I use sander.MPI and for the production process I tried to use
> > PMEMD. What is happening is the simulation terminates immediately upon
> > submitted. The message in the output file is as below:
> >
> > | Running AMBER/MPI version on 64 nodes
>
> Try it on fewer nodes, just to check.
>

> > Coordinate resetting (shake) was not accomplished
> > within 3000 iterations
>
> Shake failure are usually symptoms of other underlying problems. Try a
> 20-step run witn ntpr=1, using both sander and pmemd. See if you can track
> down what the differences are.
>
> ....dac

-- - -
HK