Re: [AMBER] ERROR: The unperturbed charge of the unit: 0.010000 is not integral

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:27:44 +0200

Dear Bongkeun,

I misunderstood your first email; I thought your error was .01...

".001" is more understandable: your molecule is large with a bunch of
atoms being chemically equivalent. Imagine if you have a rounding off
error of +.0001 for nine hydrogens being chemically equivalent, your
rounding off error becomes .0009 i.e. close to .001

I would manually correct some partial charge values; adding -.0001 for
all these chemically equivalent atoms (indeed, LEaP (addion command)
used to add bad numbers of counterions when the total charge of a
charged molecule was not near neutrality; this bug was corrected if I
remember; may-be twice even).

You might also read a message available in R.E.DD.B. about rounding
off errors:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/error.php
"Corrections carried out the September 1st, 2009 (Paris time)
-1- Total charge corrections of some force field libraries for the
"F-73" up to "F-82" R.E.DD.B. projects"

regards, Francois