Re: [AMBER] amber11 installation error

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:08:26 -0400

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010, Sangita Kachhap wrote:

> Testing mixed C/Fortran compilation:
> icc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -c -o testp.c.o testp.c
> ifort -O0 -c -o testp.f.o testp.f
> icc -o testp testp.c.o testp.f.o
> -L/home/sangita/intel/Compiler/11.1/072/lib/intel64/ -lifport -lifcore
> -lsvml
> WARNING: Unable to compile mixed C/Fortran code.

This should really be an ERROR, and will be in the next release. It's weird
that you see no error messages. You will have to run the commands above by
hand and try to see why the resulting executable is broken. Again, the latest
compiler that I know has been tested in 11.1.069, so it could be that Intel
has (again) changed something in going to version 072. We'll know for sure as
soon as we can install some upgraded compilers here.

A workaround is to use gnu compilers, which are fine for most users. Note
that unless you are running many long simulations, each of which takes days to
weeks to complete, you might never notice the difference in speed between
intel and gnu compilers.

....dac