[AMBER] How to calculate total potential energy for protein chain only?

From: Liu, Jingyuan <jliu2.iupui.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:39:25 +0000

Dear All,
I have completed two solvent explicit simulations for two possible conformations of my protein. In order to know which one is more favorable energetically, I need to compute the total potential energy for my protein without solvent. I believe the process_mdout.pl can extract total potential energy for the whole system including solvent. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) Can anybody kindly give me some hints on how to calculate total potential energy for only the protein chains? Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Jingyuan