Re: [AMBER] Running MM-PBSA at different temperatures

From: Khaled Barakat <kbarakat.ualberta.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:44:08 -0600

Thanks for the reply.

I have a protein-DNA complex that has been described in the literature
to be sensitive to temperature changes. Experimentally, the complex
can bind at temperature ranges (lower than 300K) and loses its binding
with temperatures greater than 300K. So, I run MD simulations at
different temperatures from T=293K to T315K in steps of 2K. that is 12
MD simulations. for each simulation, I generated a trajectory. My idea
then is to use these trajectories as inputs for mm-pbsa, one by one in
order to analyze their binding energies. I was wondering if I need to
specify the temperature for mm-pbsa as an input parameter, so it can
use it in the energy conversion factors or any calculations that may
require the knowledge of the temperature for each trajectory.

I hope this clarify my procedure.

Thanks,
Khaled