[AMBER] molecular dynamics simulation-water-box-diffution problem

From: Rilei Yu <yulaomao1983.yahoo.com.cn>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:51:29 +0800 (CST)

Dear amber users,

After simulation on my protein for 10ns, I found water molecules diffuse considerably. When I tried to analysis it in the VMD, keeping water with 5 angstrom distance from the protein, I could only find several water molecules. To solve this problem, I have checked the mail-list, and found some people suggest use iwrap=1.

But here I still have some questions:

1 Although, the water molecules diffused considerably, the dynamics property of my protein was normal.

2 In fact I adopted the md simulation parameters from the tutorial: http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/section6.htm.  I found in the tutorial the water molecules also diffuse to some degree in the 120 ps MD.

So any one can give some criteria on my problem? Can I ignore it?

Very appreciated for your help!

Rilei Yu