[AMBER] Blowing array

From: Seibold, Stephen <Seibold79.stmary.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:00:42 -0500

Hi AMBER
Thanks everyone for their response. May be I should give some history to my reoccurring problem…it may help??

I purchased AMBER11 with the newest version of AmberTools. I have compiled it at mutiple times and each time it gets stuck on the AMBER test jobs running specific inputs for PIMD. I commented those out and then it compiled fine.
However, with this version of AMBER, I could not get distance measurements for my protein (got errors of blown arrays) and finally thought I would start from scratch. So, I recompiled AMBER and Tools and began doing tutorials from the amber web site. I did get it to work (i.e. distance measurements) for the DNA tutorial one and was thinking it was alright now. However, when I took trajectories generated with AMBER11 for my protein I once again got errors. I am now I am getting “segmentation faults”. I am not sure why the error has changed from “blowing arrays”. I am sending you the input file for getting those trajectories also.

I am using the newest version of ptraj and have applied all the bugfixes. I am sending you the input and output log file on the Distance measurement failure. I would send you my trajectories but they are very large. The problem seems to be (so far) only the distance measurements. For example, calculating RMSD does not appear to be a problem.

Thanks so much again for your help.

Please let me know if there is something more I can tell you, send you to help me resolve this issue.

Steve