Re: [AMBER] Error due to ***s in restart file

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:14:46 -0400

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010, Arvind wrote:

> The restart file generated using ptraj does not have ***s, but
> after a point, all the coordinates come out as 0.0000000.

The zeroes are (probalby) not coordinates but velocities. A trajectory file
doesn't have any velocities, to ptraj uses zeroes as placeholders. You
could proably use that restart file (with a non-zero value for tempi).

You probably want to set iwrap=1 to avoid having the same problem recur.

[To developers: will no one rid me of this turbulent feature, that sander
and pmemd don't allow unformatted restart files? I still suspect that it
works, and just needs testing and test cases.]

...dac