[AMBER] making bond to water molecule

From: Jorgen Simonsen <jorgen589.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:20:03 +0200

Hi all,

I want to make a restraint to a water molecule and have made some bond and
angle parameters to keep it in place but I have a problem to give the
correct argument for that specific water molecule. In my pdb it has residue
number 220(after having remade it with tleap so the N-terminal is correctly
numbered from 1) so I thought that I could make the bond like this

bond 3NKN.222.O 3NKN.214.MG

but this is apparently another water molecule because the minimisation
breaks down and I see a water molecule trying to go through a residue in
order to take place of the crystal water I want to keep - how can I make
sure it is the correct water molecule?