Re: [AMBER] Domainwise rmsd using ptraj rms

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:40:56 -0400

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:25 PM, <moitrayee.mbu.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:
> rms first :1-120.CA out rms_domain1
> rms first :121-218.CA out rms_domain2
> rms first :219-343.CA out rms_domain3
> rms first :344-483.CA out rms_domain4

In each case you are calculating the RMSD of the specified region in
each frame to that same region in the first frame. If you wanted rmsd
of domains 1-4 w.r.t. the whole first structure you'd do something
like:

rms first :1-483.CA out rms_all
rms first :1-120.CA out rms_domain1 nofit
etc

In this case you're fitting the coords on the entire protein. The
'nofit' option prevents ptraj from rotating and translating the
coordinates. Hope this helps clear things up.

-Dan