[AMBER] comparison of PDBs from clustering - representative, average and from rst file

From: Andrew Voronkov <drugdesign.yandex.ru>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:57:19 +0400

Dear Amber users,
I am trying to get representative or average structure from molecular dynamics trajectory. I want to use it or an ensembel of them for the docking. I am using Molprobity as one of the assessment tools. I know that it is not that straghtforward to use it for molecular models assessment, but it is just some indicator for the comparison. The strange thing that I get is that the quality of models which I get from clustering both of representative structures and average is very bad while PDB file generated from the rst file is much better. I can't understand what is the basis for this. I can understand this for average structure - when cooridnates are averaged then it s easy to move far from local minimum, but the representative structure should be not a generic structure, but one of the .rst files actually. Why it is different so much from the PDB file which I get from the .rst final file.
All three structures are in the attachment.

Sincerely yours,
Andrew