[AMBER] ptraj hbond analysis

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:55:13 +0200

Hi everybody,

I've completed production MD on a receptor/ligand complex. The ligand has a hydroxyl moiety which is shown in crystallographic models to form a hydrogen bond with the hydroxyl group of a receptor Serine.

I have visualised the MD trajectory in Chimera and observed the type of bonding described above as well as hbonds between the ligand OH and a receptor Thr OH.

I'm trying to calculate the H-bond occupancy for these two different types of conformation using the following script (hbond.in)

trajin prod14ns.mdcrd
donor SER O H
donor THR O H
acceptor BOM O
hbond distance 3.5 angle 120.0 includeself donor acceptor neighbor 2 series hbond

The output I get is:

PTRAJ: Successfully read in 200 sets and processed 200 sets.

 HBOND SUMMARY:
      Data was saved to series hbond,
      data was sorted, intra-residue interactions are included,
      Distance cutoff is 3.50 angstroms, angle cutoff is 120.00 degrees
      Hydrogen bond information dumped for occupancies > 0.00

  Dumping schematic of time series after each h-bond, key follows:
      0-5% 5-20% 20-40% 40-60% 60-80% 80-95% 95-100% occupancy

        DONOR ACCEPTORH ACCEPTOR
  atom# :res.atom atom# :res.atom atom# :res.atom %occupied distance angle lifetime maxocc

 The program fails to produce hbond statistical analysis. I can only assume that the above script is wrong.

Any suggestions on the syntax or other points for troubleshooting?

Many thanks in advance

George