Re: [AMBER] ERROR in MM-PBSA

From: Siddharth Rastogi <siddharthrastogi08.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 20:49:44 -0400

Hello Bill Ross,

Thank you for your response and the suggestions.

However, if I am going to the AMBER tutorial-3 regarding the MM-PBSA
calculation, I can see the use of gas phase topology (prmtop) files in the
extracts_coords.mmpbsa and binding_energy.mmpbsa files with the use of
"ras-raf_solvated.prmtop"
to generate the trajectory files.

Also, I wonder how these works in the tutorial. I am a bit confused with
this. If I am wrong, rectify me.

Does your trajectory files (prod_1.mdcrd, prod_2.mdcrd...) contain water
molecules ?

I just wanted to calculate the binding free energy between the
protein-ligand complex of a solvated system. Please do suggest me the right
path.

Thanks
Siddharth

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu> wrote:

> > FATAL: NATOM mismatch in coord and topology files.
>
> The prmtop for a solvated system cannot be used with crds for the vacuum
> version and vice-versa.
>
> Bill

Siddharth Rastogi