[AMBER] Gamma_ln in REMD

From: Lekpa Duukori <duukori.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:37:19 -0600

Hi all,

I have been running some REMD in explicit solvent and using gamma_ln=2.0, I
have however noticed that most of the papers I see use a value of 1.0 and I
was wondering if this can cause some problems if the thermostat is not very
strong. I just want to hear what people think about this. Also I see that
high temperature calculations (up to 600K) is reported in the literature but
most do not state that restraints are used to avoid cis-trans isomerisation,
is this the best thing to do?

The following is a full input file one one replica

 &cntrl
  imin = 0,
  irest = 1,
  ntx = 5,
  ntb = 1,
  cut = 10,
  ntc = 2,
  ntf = 2,
  ntt = 3,
  gamma_ln = 2.0,ig=20459,temp0=510.2,
  nstlim = 125, dt = 0.002,
  nmropt=1,
  numexchg=40000,
  ntpr = 250, ntwx = 250, ntwr = 1000,iwrap=1
 /
 &wt TYPE='END'
 /
DISANG=model.MAKERST