Re: [AMBER] 'cluster' option of ptraj: Is it possible to directly feed a file with rmsd values as input?

From: Jianyin Shao <jyshao2004.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 11:39:27 -0600

Hi Arvind,

It looks to me that this approach probably may not work. When snapshot A and
B both have same rmsd values to the reference structure, it does not mean A
and B are similar, especially if the rmsd value is large. You would want to
compare snapshot A and B to see if they should be in same cluster.

We are working on ptraj clustering so that other distance metrics may be
used. Dihedral angles will be one of the possibilities. However, due to the
circularity, the sum and average of dihedral angles could be tricky. I would
suggest you still use the rmsd as the distance metric. If you have suspect
some specific angles or dihedrals, focus on those specific residues.

Hope it helps.

Jianyin Shao