Re: [AMBER] about the tutorials

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 08:08:44 -0400

it's important to note that the tutorials are meant as general examples of
how to perform a particular simulation. However, one should not expect that
the input files are always exactly correct for the work you need to do.
Sometimes the runs are too short for real production work, and sometimes
methods and options are updated in the literature but tutorials are not
rewritten, and sometimes your system just needs different treatment. It's up
to the user to keep up with the literature on simulations and adjust their
real production work accordingly. The tutorials are general guides, not
input files to be copied exactly. Of course it's definitely ok to ask
questions if you're unsure- I just wanted to clarify this information about
the tutorials because this kind of question comes up frequently.