Re: [AMBER] how we increase the number of sugar molecule in a system

From: Lachele Foley (Lists) <"Lachele>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 12:27:22 -0400

1. Make a file leapin_1 that says something like the following. This
creates ten molecules of b-D-Glcp-(1-4)-a-D-Glcp-OH. You might want
to change the translation coordinates. If someone knows a more
elegant way to specify the number of waters, please speak up.

=============================
leapin_1
=============================
set default write14scale on
source leaprc.GLYCAM_06

m01 = sequence { ROH 4GA 0GB }
m02 = sequence { ROH 4GA 0GB }
m03 = sequence { ROH 4GA 0GB }
m04 = sequence { ROH 4GA 0GB }
m05 = sequence { ROH 4GA 0GB }
m06 = sequence { ROH 4GA 0GB }
m07 = sequence { ROH 4GA 0GB }
m08 = sequence { ROH 4GA 0GB }
m09 = sequence { ROH 4GA 0GB }
m10 = sequence { ROH 4GA 0GB }

translate m02 { -10.0 0.0 0.0 }
translate m03 { 0.0 -10.0 0.0 }
translate m04 { 0.0 10.0 0.0 }
translate m05 { 10.0 0.0 0.0 }

translate m06 { 0.0 0.0 15.0 }
translate m07 { -10.0 0.0 15.0 }
translate m08 { 0.0 -10.0 15.0 }
translate m09 { 0.0 10.0 15.0 }
translate m10 { 10.0 0.0 15.0 }

ten_sacchs = combine { m01 m02 m03 m04 m05 m06 m07 m08 m09 m10 }

solvatebox ten_sacchs TIP3PBOX 1.0

savepdb ten_sacchs ten_sacchs_SOL.pdb
=============================

2. Run sleap (or tleap or xleap, etc.) on it using:

sleap -f leapin_1

3. Figure out which waters you want to keep. VMD might be helpful for this.

4. Copy ten_sacchs_SOL.pdb to ten_sacchs_200-SOL.pdb. Delete the
unwanted waters from ten_sacchs_200-SOL.pdb.

5. Make a file leapin_2 that looks something like the following. You
might want to alter the box dimensions, but havin it be a bit too big
should be ok (see step 6).

=============================
leapin_2
=============================
set default write14scale on
source leaprc.GLYCAM_06

whole_thing = loadpdb ten_sacchs_SOL_200.pdb

set whole_thing box { 40.0 40.0 40.0 90.0 }

saveamberparm whole_thing tenSol.top tenSol.rst
=============================

6. This one *MUST* be run with sleap if you are using Amber 11. If
it is a previous version of amber, be sure to set scee and scnb
properly in your input files.

sleap -f leapin_2

7. Minimize, at least for a few steps, at constant pressure to fix
the box size. (Anyone see an issue with this? I can't think of a
better way.)

8. Go ahead with whatever other simulation you had in mind.

:-) Lachele

:-) Lachele
Lachele Foley
CCRC/UGA