Re: [AMBER] minimization segmentation fault

From: Jorgen Simonsen <jorgen589.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:11:31 +0200

Hi,

So I get some very high Gmax value during minimization for a hydrogen
atom(HG2) bound to a Arginine - when I look at the pdb file the distance
between its nearest neighbor is 1.76 Å to a hydrogen on proline residue

I use constraints for the hydrogen bond length through shake
SHAKE:
     ntc = 2, jfastw = 0
     tol = 0.00001

the rms gradient is 5.8 which is pretty high. The vdwaals are negative
-7764. I have not yet added any extra water molecules only the crystal ones
not having too high clashing. Are there any debugging in order to identify
the clash - is it vdw or something else and how to resolve that?