Re: [AMBER] calculation of sasa

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 07:45:01 -0400

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010, Asfa Ali wrote:

> Can you provide me with a sample script which has been used for sasa
> calculation?

You asked about calculating SASA within Amber, and that requires a bit of a
learning curve. Take a look at the scripts in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/test/nab,
and adapt one of them for your needs. (I think in version 1.3 of AmberTools,
this was located at $AMBERHOME/test/nab.)

There are plenty of non-Amber programs that compute this. Perhaps the most
widely used is Michel Sanner's MSMS program, which is incorporated into other
packages as well.

....dac