Re: [AMBER] about dielectric constant..

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:09:59 -0400

Hello Wookyung,

About the message:
"ERROR : Non-default values of intdiel are not supported."

This is pmemd-specific. The story here, as I can best recollect, is that
when support for modifying intdiel was added to sander, the same thing was
not done in pmemd because it was new functionality that was missed. In
addition, upon reflection, we decided that the ability to change intdiel was
mostly there for folks researching GB methods, not for production use by
users. Also, introducing this capability into pmemd was likely to have some
performance impacts, perhaps not huge, but some. So we decided to just
block this capability in pmemd. I don't know if the differing functionality
is what you find really confusing, but that's the explanation.
Regards - Bob Duke