Re: [AMBER] Reference of ion parameters employed in parm99

From: Paul S. Nerenberg <psn.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:04:12 -0700

Hi Ikuo,

Your message is a bit confusing because you say that you both can and
can't access references for I (iodide). Assuming that you can't
access the one for I, it is the AMBER ff86 reference: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jcc.540070216
. If you meant to say that you can't find the Cl (chloride)
reference, that one is here: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp9717655.

Best,

Paul

P.S. If it's not too late in your simulation process, you might want
want to try out the Joung and Cheatham parameters for the halides
(developed circa 2008). These seem to behave much better than the old
parameters, which were taken from many different sources (as you've
seen). If you have AMBER 10 or 11, these are located in $AMBERHOME/
dat/leap/parm/frcmod.ionsjc_tip3p, ../frcmod.ionsjc_tip4pew, and ../
frcmod.ionsjc_spce.