Re: [AMBER] regarding remd

From: Jorgen Simonsen <jorgen589.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 21:44:46 +0200

Hi

I have been looking at the suggested articles. In my case I use an implicit
solvent and have been looking at the Met-Enkephalin simulation by Sugita &
Okamoto.

So as I understand the Tmin and Tmax - the minimum could be the biological
relevant and Tmax should be able to overcome large energy barriers around
500 - 650 K is suggested. I do not after reading the articles find some
specific value which probably indicates that ones has to be sure that the
system is ergodic. Again I look for acceptance which should be around
0.15-0.20 - empirical value.
So for the calculation I find the following expressions in Fukunishi et al.

Tm ~ T0*exp(m/sqrt(dof))

with M number of replica given as

M ~ sqrt(f) * ln(Tmax/Tmin)

For the minimum temperature I have not been able to find some good
discussion on it - should it be lower than my "wanted" temperature of 300 K
or should that be the lowest one? Does some of this make sense at all? :-)