[AMBER] random number seed - range

From: g t <sketchfoot.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 13:21:51 +0100

Hi,

I am ruinning a TI calculation. When I set the random number seed value to:

 ig = -1

The number is not set randomly based on the current date & time. So I wrote
a small python script to randomly generate a number for me. I know that the
default number is 71277. Does anyone know the range I should be looking at
for generating the random number? Currently, I'm using 11077 to 994566, but
am worried that this might be too narrow.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Best regards,
GT