Re: [AMBER] problem about cyclic peptide

From: Levi Pierce <levipierce.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:37:32 -0700

Rebeca,

  You need to bond the residues together which are at the end i.e.

bond mol.29.C mol.1.N
bond mol.1.SG mol.22.SG

This is what I did for pdb 1NB1 which is a typical cyclotide.

Cheers,
~Levi

2010/7/20 Rebeca García Fandiño <regafan.hotmail.com>

> Hello,
> I am trying to simulate a cyclic peptide. I have the pdb and I have built
> the topology using xleap:
>
> $AMBERHOME/exe/xleap -s -f $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/cmd/leaprc.ff99SB
> clearpdbresmap
> mol=loadpdb pdb_original.pdb
> saveamberparm mol mol.top mol.crd
>
> I solvated it, but in the minimization I see that the first and last
> residue are separating each other.
>
> Could anyone help me to build the topology for a cyclic peptide?
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
>
> Rebeca García Fandiño

==
Levi C.T. Pierce,  UCSD Graduate Student
McCammon Laboratory
mccammon.ucsd.edu <http://mccammon.ucsd.edu/%7Esnichols>
w: 858-534-2916