Re: [AMBER] Can I calculate the interaction energy between two connected domains of a protein?

From: Purisima, Enrico <Enrico.Purisima.cnrc-nrc.gc.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:56:39 -0400

Dear Cat,

You could try using sietraj (http://www2.bri.nrc.ca/ccb/pub/sietraj_main.php). This allows you to define the atoms considered as "target" and "ligand" even if the system is one chain. However, to avoid extreme "nonbonded" interactions between atoms that are actually bonded you should leave out one residue between the domains when defining the target and ligand sets. (Note that you do not have to actually delete the residue; just don't include it in the set definition.) Also, to reduce solvation artifacts, it would be good to zero the partial charges of the residue you are leaving out of the set definitions. Hope this works for you.

Enrico