Re: [AMBER] How to remove PBC effects?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:08:07 -0400

Hi Oliver,

This isn't a COM translation problem. Keep in mind that a simulation has no
idea of the distinction between solvent and solute when it comes to
determining center of mass, so while dan was right and ncsm performs as he
described, that will not prevent your complex from splitting apart.

The reason this is actually happening is due to your use of iwrap. One
monomer is getting wrapped to the other side of the periodic box when it
comes too close to the edge of the box. The solution in my experience is to
center and image once for each individual species that is in your system.
In the case of a non-bonded dimer with a ligand, that is 3x. The first is
the first monomer, the second is both monomers, and the 3rd is both monomers
and the ligand. This should put everything back into the same box (and you
might as well strip waters and ions and use "strip_mdcrd=0" in your
MMPBSA.py input file).

Hope this helps,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,