Re: [AMBER] amber02pol: sequence: Illegal UNIT named: NHE

From: Paul S. Nerenberg <psn.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 07:53:54 -0700

Hi,

If you want to simulate a peptide/protein with an NHE residue in ff02
properly, then you will need to "create" that residue for the ff02
force field. Because it seems like most of the underlying parameters
are already in parm99.dat and frcmod.ff02pol.r1, this should come down
to deriving charges for NHE in a manner consistent with how the rest
of the residues (or more properly, residue fragments) were done.

I would suggest reading the ff02 section of the latest AmberTools
manual (pages 22-23) and reference 22 given therein (Cieplak,
Caldwell, and Kollman, J Comput Chem 2001, 22:1048-1057). This will
give you the background on how the charge derivation was done for this
force field. Then I would suggest looking at the tutorials on the
AMBER website regarding the creation of custom molecules/residues
(e.g., B4 or A1), as well as the antechamber tutorial page (http://ambermd.org/antechamber/example.html
).

Last, but not least, I think you should consider Prof. Case's advice
need/want to use this polarizable force field or would you be just as
well-off using ff99SB or ff03? What advantage(s) does it offer for
your study?

Hope that helps,

Paul