Re: [AMBER] residue wise rmsd, not getting expected results

From: vaibhav dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:49:45 +0530

Dear Dr. Jason Swails and amber community member,
Thanks for that suggestion and inputs.
I have tried the following changes in the input where I have aligned all of
the backbone residues and used the atomicfluct command. But the b factors in
the output files have very small values (0-60) than the expected and are
almost same for four set of protein-ligand complexes I'm studying. They are
expected to show some difference as per the available literature on the
same.

Please suggest what changes I should make to the input so as to plot
fluctuations in the backbone of the H-12 helix (residue 259-271). How can I
get residue wise rmsd on the y-axis and residue no. on x-axis in the plot?
This way I will be able to show that backbone rmsd for selected residues is
more in some cases and less in other.

Thanks once again and waiting for your valuable comments and suggestions...

The input file for ptraj is as follows:
trajin 2PRG_pio_1nsmd.mdcrd
center :1-284
image origin center
strip :WAT
rms first out 2PRG_pio_1nsMD_prak_1.rms .N,C,CA
atomicfluct out 2PRG_pio_1nsMD_prak_1.apf :259-271.N,C,CA byres bfactor
EOF