Re: [AMBER] Are there any GPU clusters that offer compute time?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 19:08:40 -0700

Hi Sasha,

> We are looking for modeling some fairly large sets of protein
> complexes,
> and this might be too much for just a few Tesla cards. Does anyone know
> of any commercial/academic places that have a functioning high density
> GPU-based clusters and offer compute time on those?

This is the purpose of the NSF TeraGrid machines. https://www.teragrid.org/

There is currently NCSA Lincoln which has S1070's and there will be several
new GPU based machines coming online shortly. I have run AMBER on NCSA
Lincoln and it works great.

You can get a startup allocation (the size varies by machine by 30,000 core
hours is typical) with just a CV and an abstract. If you want more then you
need to submit a 7 page proposal. Submissions are open every 3 months for a
1 year allocation. (https://pops-submit.teragrid.org/)

All the best
Ross

/\