Re: [AMBER] Do I have to keep the Na+ counterions in prmtop and snapshot generation when I do mmGBSA/PBSA calculation?

From: Oliver Grant <olivercgrant.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 12:42:32 +0100

"MM-PBSA script removes water molecules and ions automatically
(strip_mask)."

--I think that is just with the python script, from your other posts I think
the perl script is being used.

The perl script uses these:

NUMBER_LIG_GROUPS 1

LSTART 2622
LSTOP 3862
NUMBER_REC_GROUPS 1
RSTART 1
RSTOP 2621

If none of your counterions are defined in here they will be stripped with
the water.

Oliver