Re: [AMBER] TI calculation using softcore potentials. simultaneous density and temperature equilibration

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 04:53:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

as the tutorial states:

- 50 ps of density equilibration (equilibrating T and &#948; at the same
time is not very good form, but we'll get away with it here)

all in one equilibration may lead to problems and I dont recommend it for
actual production runs, but most of the time it should work ok.

Also note the disclaimer on the website ;-)

"These tutorials are meant to provide illustrative examples of how to use
the AMBER software suite to carry out simulations that can be run on a
simple workstation in a reasonable period of time. They do not necessarily
provide the optimal choice of parameters or methods for the particular
application area."

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
BioMaps Institute