Re: [AMBER] mmgbsa tricky output: PART 2

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 09:00:59 -0400

Hello,

I believe what was meant was that you should extract a single frame and run
all of the MM/GBSA calculations on it to see what value your get for the
binding free energy. If you're trying to use the MMPBSA.py script, you can
use the "-make-mdins" flag to get the mdin files for your simulation. If
you're using mm_pbsa.pl, you can search the file mm_pbsa_createinput.pm for
the mdin files used.

Hope this helps,
Jason

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Amor San Juan <amorsanjuan.yahoo.com> wrote:

> As posted previously, I face result of mmgbsa with a large value of -1600
> kcal/mol. I received suggestion that "If the trajectories are okay, you
> might want to use one snapshot to
> run the job by hand to find out why ..."
>
> Can anyone here kindly inform me how to make a snapshot run by hand? I took
> the generated snapshot from the complex and now for me to run a production,
> I need to put water molecules in a box. Does this mean I will use leap to
> add water and perform minimization and heating again prior running a
> production.
>
> Amor

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida