Re: [AMBER] step 0 of minimization ?

From: James Maier <jimbo.maier.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 20:55:37 -0400

Balaji,

Step 1 calculates the initial energy and gradient of the system, which is
needed to perturb the system to step 2.

Consider from the AMBER manual, under 2.6.1. General flags describing the
calculation:

"If maxcyc=1, then the output file can be used to extract the energies of
each of the coordinate sets in the inptraj file."

So at step 1, the system is the same as input.

Best,
James