Re: [AMBER] Should I define drug intercalation site of a DNA as internal (DT/DA) or terminal (DT3/DA5) unit ?

From: ros <ros.servidor.unam.mx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 08:27:01 -0500

Hello Catherine!

I am doing the same kind of study for my PhD work so maybe my experience can
help you.

What I do is generate the DNA pdb chain with nucgen and run it through tleap
once so it gets all fixed up. With its parmtop and coordinate files I
generate a DNA_corrected pdb and open it in DS Visualizer (or any pdb
viewer). I then import my ligand and manually place it between the base
pair of my interest. Save the pdb and open it into tleap to generate the
parmtop and crd file for simulation. If your ligand does not have any
unusual residues, this idea should work flawlessly for you.

Hope it helps and if I can help any further, let me know!

Have a great week,

Rodrigo.
PhD Student
Depto de Fisicoquímica