Re: [AMBER] No potential terms in sander output! Check out put files - MMPBSA.py.MPI

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 23:04:45 -0400

Hello,

Your problem has to do with the fact that you're trying to use amber10, and
the PB input file has changed a lot since that version. We do run a check
for whether or not you're using amber10, but the easiest way we had of doing
that was to simply test to see if amber10 appeared in your sander path.
However, yours is amber_10, so it's not recognized and as such is using the
amber11 input file.

You'll have to make a very minor change to MMPBSA.py.MPI and MMPBSA.py.
Search for the phrase "uncomment this for amber10 or older for amber pbsa
only!". The phrase "uncomment this" should be enough to uniquely identify
the line. The lines should look like

   if utils.digit(INPUT[0],1) == 1:
      if not use_mdins and master:
         utils.pbmdin(INPUT)
   # utils.pbmdin_old(INPUT) # uncomment this for amber10 or older for
amber pbsa only!
      elif use_mdins:

In python, # represents the comment, so comment out utils.pbmdin(INPUT) and
uncomment utils.pbmdin_old(INPUT) ... Then don't forget to run the tests so
that you can make sure it's actually working.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida