Re: [AMBER] AmberTools installation in Cygwin --- thanks and new errors

From: Yan Gao <yan.gao.2001.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:53:34 -0700

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your suggestions. It solved the problem with AmberTools. Now
the XLEaP is working.

While I am compiling amber10 afterwards,I got errors:
The command I used :
*./configure_amber -cygwin -nosanderidc gfortran
make install
*
The errors I got:
******************************
*************************************************************************************************************
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/CEAM/amber10/src/lib'
gfortran -o ambpdb.exe ambpdb.o forFIRSTtype.o forFIRSTbond.o
forFIRSThbond.o forFIRSTteth.o forFIRSToutp.o forFIRSTsugar.o
../lib/amopen.o ../lib/mexit.o ../lib/nxtsec.o
cpp -traditional -P -DNO_SANDER_DIVCON -xassembler-with-cpp
-Dsecond=ambsecond -DBINTRAJ nucgen.f > _nucgen.f
gfortran -c -O0 -fno-range-check -fno-second-underscore -o nucgen.o
_nucgen.f
cpp -traditional -P -DNO_SANDER_DIVCON -xassembler-with-cpp
-Dsecond=ambsecond -DBINTRAJ ngfil.f > _ngfil.f
gfortran -c -O0 -fno-range-check -fno-second-underscore -o ngfil.o
_ngfil.f
gfortran -o nucgen.exe nucgen.o ngfil.o ../lib/amopen.o ../lib/mexit.o
../lib/nxtsec.o
g++ -c -DBINTRAJ -I../netcdf/include -o elsize.o elsize.cc
elsize.cc: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
elsize.cc:117: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
elsize.cc:124: error: ‘strcmp’ was not declared in this scope
elsize.cc:145: error: ‘strcmp’ was not declared in this scope
elsize.cc:160: error: ‘calloc’ was not declared in this scope
elsize.cc:171: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
elsize.cc:233: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
elsize.cc:295: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
elsize.cc:339: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
elsize.cc: In function ‘atom_count GetNumberOfAtoms(const char*, int)’:
elsize.cc:504: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
elsize.cc: In function ‘atom_count ReadAtomicCoordinates(const char*, int,
atom_count, double*, double*, double*, double*, double*)’:
elsize.cc:565: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [elsize.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/CEAM/amber10/src/etc'
make: *** [serial] Error 2
*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Could you please guide me what should I do ? Thanks!

It looks that some c/c++ commands were not recognized/declared during the
compiling of the code elsize.
While since the amber compilation does compiles many codes before this stop,
can I assume that the compilers (g++, gfortran) are good? I installed cygwin
1.7 with full install. Should I re-install it?
Do I need to supply additional lib files?
Also I ran several commands (xleap,nab) from AmberTools after its
compilation to see if it is successful. Does it matter the compilation of
amber?
I tried configure without *-nosanderidc*, but the error remains.

Regards,
Yan