Re: [AMBER] Questions with input file in constant pH MD

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:28:50 -0400

As far as I know, there is no flag for the number of MC steps since defining
ntcnstph will set how often both MC and MD steps are done. I do not believe
there is any way to do successive MC steps. The most frequent that you can
do MC steps is to set ntcnstph to 1, meaning that you will perform a MD
step, then a MC step, then a MD step, and so on. Setting ntcnstph to a
number *n*, means that you will do *n* MD steps, followed by a single MC
step, followed by *n* MD steps again, then another single MC step, and so
on.

I hope that helps clear things up.

-Bill

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 2:53 AM, nicholus bhattacharjee <
nicholusbhattacharjee.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Bill,
> Thank you. But how do we specify the number of MC steps ie which
> flag is used for this?
>
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > ntcnstph is the number of MD steps between each MC step.
> >
> > -Bill
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:37 AM, nicholus bhattacharjee <
> > nicholusbhattacharjee.gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear community,
> > > I have some query with the input file (.in)
> for
> > > constant pH MD simulation. The *ntcnstph* flag is for the number of MC
> > > steps
> > > or the number of MD steps after which MC is run? If it is the former
> then
> > > which flag specifies the number of MD steps after which MC steps will
> > > follow? The answer to these questions are not very much clear from the
> > > manual. Thank you in advance.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Nicholus Bhattacharjee
> > > PhD Scholar