Re: [AMBER] solvent accessible surface

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 23:41:02 -0400

AMBER can give you a per atom solvent accessible surface area by using
sander to perform a PB calculation. You can set imin=5 to post-process your
simulated trajectory. See the AMBEr manual for specifics on setting the
probe radius and other variables. However, if you are looking to calculate
the SASA for the entire system I would suggest using the 'measure sasa'
command in VMD. This will allow you to specify a particular part of your
system for analysis, or it can be performed on the entire system. Check the
VMD list and manual for more specifics on how to use this command. In
particular, I know there is a tcl script available online (
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/att-8424/_sasa_res.tcl)
that can be sourced within VMD that will perform this calculation.

Good luck!

-Bill