Re: [AMBER] mm-pbsa *_com.all.out files

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 08:00:19 -0400

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 2:07 AM, <moitrayee.mbu.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:

> Dear Amber Users,
>
> I am doing residue wise decompostion for a large number of snapshots
> resulting
> in very heavy *_com.all.out files, which sometimes cannot be supported by
> my

What do you mean very "heavy"? Large files that your system cannot handle?
Per-residue decomposition (idecomp=1,2) should not create very large
files... Pairwise-decomposition, on the other hand, most certainly can, as
the number of pairs scales as N^2 (rather than N for idecomp=1,2 since it's
just printing out each residue once) where N is the number of residues you
choose to print out.

> system. Is it possible to omit writing of this file as an output and just
> obtaining the avg per residue interaction as 2zni_statistics.out.

I'm pretty sure no, since this file is parsed to create the statistics file.

Good luck!